Awesome wilderness canyon with many fantastic rappels and superb arches!
Very few Moab canyons contain as many exquisite natural arches as the journey through Granary Canyon. And what a journey it is! Six fantastic rappels and a lot of tricky scrambling are encountered within the depths of this remote canyon, which houses at least seven major arches and scores of smaller ones. Over the course of this one-way hike we’ll descend over 2,000 feet! And despite the day’s numerous rappels, this canyon tour is within reason for adventurous first-time rappellers. Are you ready?
Reviews 2 Reviews5/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate/Difficult
All about the Granary Canyon.
- Duration: 8-10 hours
- Difficulty: Moderate – Difficult
- Total Hiking Distance: 6 miles
- Rappels: 6 (20ft/6m, 70ft/21m, 60ft/18m, 40ft/12m, 15ft/5m, 200ft/60m)
- Distance from Moab: 45 minutes one-way
- Season: Spring/Fall – closed April 1 – August 15 for bighorn sheep lambing grounds
- All tours are private
- 2-3 people – $233/person
- 4-13 people – $210/person
- 14+ people – call for pricing and availability
The tour package inclusions and exclusions at a glance
What is included in this tour?Items that are included in the cost of tour price.
- All canyoneering gear and safety equipment
- Instruction from experienced and fun guides
- Transportation to and from the canyon
- Private tour – just your group plus your guide(s)!
What is not included in this tour?Items that are not included in the cost of tour price.
- Lunch and snacks – please bring enough food to be out and active for 8-10 hours
- Water – we recommend at least 2 liters of water per person, more on warmer days
- Price does not include tax or guide gratuity
Kai and her team were remarkably professional, knowledgeable, and capable. The booking process was seamless and our day in the canyon was one we will never forget. Kai made us feel safe and led us through an unbelievable day. On this full day excursion, we did not encounter any other groups, which was an added bonus to the trip.
Just got back from our amazing grainery canyon trip.The best trip I have taken in Moab. Beautiful red rock scenery and there were several ancient grainery for storing corn and some very old rock art. The trip is long with 6-7 rappels, we bypassed one and down climbed to the canyon floor. Great photo opportunities of repelling through the snail and the onion. The last rappel is a spectacular 200 feet to the Colorado river. Our guide Ed was great guy and knew all the history of the canyon and where to take the best pictures. The scenery in and out of the canyon is stunning we did not see anyone else all day. Great day with great folks i would highly recommend this trip to anyone looking for an out of the ordinary adventure