Awesome wilderness canyon with many fantastic rappels and superb arches!
Very few Moab canyons contain as many exquisite natural arches as the journey through Granary Canyon. And what a journey it is! Six fantastic rappels and a lot of tricky scrambling are encountered within the depths of this remote canyon, which houses at least seven major arches and scores of smaller ones. Over the course of this one-way hike we’ll descend over 2,000 feet! And despite the day’s numerous rappels, this canyon tour is within reason for adventurous first-time rappellers. Are you ready?
Reviews 2 Reviews5/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate/Difficult
- Duration: 8-10 hours
- Difficulty: Moderate – Difficult
- Total Hiking Distance: 6 miles
- Rappels: 6 (20ft/6m, 70ft/21m, 60ft/18m, 40ft/12m, 15ft/5m, 200ft/60m)
- Distance from Moab: 45 minutes one-way
- Season: Spring/Fall – closed April 1 – August 15 for bighorn sheep lambing grounds
- All tours are private
- 2-3 people – $233/person
- 4-13 people – $210/person
- 14+ people – call for pricing and availability
- All canyoneering gear and safety equipment
- Instruction from experienced and fun guides
- Transportation to and from the canyon
- Private tour – just your group plus your guide(s)!
- Lunch and snacks – please bring enough food to be out and active for 8-10 hours
- Water – we recommend at least 2 liters of water per person, more on warmer days
- Price does not include tax or guide gratuity