Custom Packrafting Tours and Unique Combo Tours
River trips with Desert Highlights are unique - we are the only company in Utah to offer guided packrafting adventures. Packrafts are an exciting way to experience rafting in Moab. They are one-person, lightweight inflatable boats that can easily be carried in a backpack, allowing you to have the type of experience that you prefer. Looking for white-water? These boats are a ton of fun to paddle through Class I and II waves! Looking for flat-water? Sit back and relax as you float along the boundary of Arches National Park on one of the most scenic flatwater stretches around!
We offer custom half-day packrafting tours, or you can combine a half day of canyoneering with an afternoon of packrafting. Since all of our tours are private, we can create a trip that suits you!
We also offer multi-sport tours that combine packrafts with canyoneering or mountain biking to access terrain that is otherwise difficult or impossible to access. Check out our Multi-Sport Adventures page for more information.
Why choose Desert Highlights for rafting in Moab?
- We are the only company to offer guided tours with these unique boats. Come check out why packrafts are becoming so popular!
- The multi-sport tours that we have created using other gear like ropes and mountain bikes cannot be found with any other Moab outfitter.
- We tailor each guided rafting trip to your group. Packrafts allow us to use non-standard river put-ins so that we can “cherry-pick” the best section of river to suit your abilities and goals.
- Our guides are passionate, fun and experienced. We train all of our guides to the highest standards and ensure that your safety comes first.
- We strive to add value to our tours by educating our guests about the local geology, natural history and cultural history. We love talking about our amazing backyard, so ask us anything!